We recruit a total of 22,400 people for 17 job categories in 7 service areas including Games information, customer services, media, technology, protocol and languages, sport, medical services, etc. (Olympic Winter Games: 16,000, Paralympic Winter Games: 6,400) Find out more about the 17 categories and the tasks from recruitment notice or website postings.
We recruit volunteers aged 18+ years as of 9 February 2018, the day the Olympic Games opens. This means that those born before 9 Feburary 2000 are eligible to apply.
There is no age cap for volunteers.
They can participate in both Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games. If applicants select the status of impairment in application, appropriate services can be provided duly, and they can be assigned to venues and locations with accessibility.
We are planning to make priority selections when an applicant meets certain requirements. Regardless of categories, through preferred skills and requirements we look for candidates who can ① participate in both Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games, ② has volunteering experience with international sporting and cultural events, and international volunteer programmes, and ③ have foreign language skills for communication. (Korean proficiency for foreigners) For preferred skills by categories, please refer to volunteer recruitment notice or our website.
Test events refer to World Championships or World Cup events for different sport disciplines held in order to test the operations of the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.
- Four competitions were held in Jeongseon and PyeongChang (Bokwang Pheonix Park) in the first half of 2016.
- Furthermore, 27 Test Events and NOC/NPC Chefs de Mission seminars will take place between December 2016 and April 2017.
- Volunteers can also apply for participation in the Test Events. We encourage your engagement as you can select up to three Test Events.
You are only able to apply online.
- Information applicants provide on the Internet will be used for selecting and training, as well as accreditation, uniform distribution, and work assignment.
There is no off-line application form because the application contains a wide and various information.
Specific Web-browsers or versions may be the cause when the application system (PyeongChang 2018 Volunteer Portal : volunteer.pyeongchang2018.com) cannot be accessed.
- You are recommended to use Explorer 10.0/11.0, Chrome 42.0/43.0, Firefox 37.0/38.0, Safari 8.0.3 or above.
If you do not have an email account, you can not apply for a volunteer.
- The PyeongChang 2018 Volunteer Portal (volunteer.pyeongchang2018.com) uses email address as user identification.
- Please create an email account first.
- We will send you relevant information through your registered email(=Username).
You can apply with any photo other than your passport photo.
- The photograph you use for registration does not have to be that of your passport; however, it should meet similar requirements for passport photos, i.e., taken against plain or white background without hat.
The information on previous page will be saved automatically when you move on to next page, but there may be some loss of information.
- Please press the "Save" button before moving on to next page.
You can modify the information by clicking ‘My information’ → ‘My application’ on the volunteer portal.
You can still modify your information even after the deadline of the application. Please update your information if there is any crucial changes such as address, contact number, etc.
To update your application, please sign-in at volunteer portal (volunteer.pyeongchang2018.com), click “MY APPLICATION” from “MY INFORMATION” menu in left column.
However, application review will be based on the information submitted as of the deadline of the application(18:00 Korean local time, Sep 30, 2016). Any changes after the deadline will not be applied for the application review.
Groups or organizations can apply as a group if they can responsibly perform more than 50 roles.
Please contact POCOG Volunteer department for those who want to apply as a group.
Uniforms are distributed at venues after accreditation cards are issued.
- Location for uniform distribution is not decided yet. We will notify as soon as the location is confirmed.
Working period will be minimum 3 weeks (21 days) for the Olympic Games and 2 weeks (14 days) for the Paralympic Games and it includes day offs.
- Volunteers work 5 days a week in principle, and volunteers can take rest on days they are not assigned to work. We try to provide accommodation, shuttle buses, and other services during this period as well.
Not only during the Games time, you can also volunteer during the Games preparation period before the arrival of athletes and delegation.
Please note that we may primarily select volunteers who can participate in both Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Accommodation will be provided based on availability.
- However, accommodation facility you are assigned to may be away from the competition venues. For example, volunteers who work in PyeongChang may stay in Gangneung. We'll keep trying to improve working conditions.
- Shuttles will be provided in this case as well.
Volunteers can take rest on days they are not assigned to work, and we try to provide accommodation, shuttle bus, and other services during this period as well.
Meals are provided.
Provision of meals on off-duty days will be notified when decisions are made at a later stage.
When you first move to your assigned region, such as Pyeongchang, Gangneung, or Jeongseon, you have to travel at your own expense.
Shuttles from your assigned venue to accommodation facility are provided free of charge.
You may participate in only Paralympic Games, but if you are willing to participate in only Olympic Games, you may be eliminated.
No we don’t. There will be about 1 week gap between OG & PG
No. it is already announce through recruiting announcement that we do not provide air ticket for coming to Korea.
No. volunteers for test events has been already recruited by local volunteers in venue area and group volunteers.
No. Different competition rate and screening criteria has been applied for each job position, and we are already having interview stage through 1st screening.
you shall use day-off provided by POCOG according to day-off policy. (5 days work, 2 days-off per week)
There is no certificate or any kind of document that POCOG or Korean government can issue to assist volunteer candidate’s entry to Korea such as issuing visa and so on. You shall visit Korean embassy and be prepared personally.
Foreign volunteers shall arrive __ days before the volunteer shift, and will have group training at the venue.
POCOG will provide online Korean training program from April – September, 2017.